More than 4,000 enthusiastic and generous volunteers are the cornerstone of our organization. Whether you are young or young-at-heart, we can find an opportunity suited to your interests and abilities.
Volunteer at CelticMKE
The success of CelticMKE depends on more than 4,000 dedicated volunteers. We always welcome new volunteers who are hard-working, flexible and know how to have fun! We have opportunities for volunteers interested in working all year long, during the festival only, or both. Check out the opportunities listed below and fill out the Volunteer Sign-Up form today!
- Year-Round Events
We are always looking to build the body of volunteers that help to run our year-round programming. We are always in need of help for events like concerts, lectures, Family Day in the Village, the Chuck Ward Memorial Blood Drive and more.
- Festival: Beer, Wine & Soda Servers
Serve beer, wine or soda to thirsty fest-goers. Our most popular position, volunteers who sign up to serve beer may end up on a waitlist. We often need volunteers willing to serve drinks during the late night shifts from 8 p.m. to midnight. Of course, this position is only available to those 21 and older.
- Festival: Beer & Wine Cashiers
Cashiers will work in the beer or wine areas. The beer cashiers will be working on a cash register POS system, not a cash drawer, along with handling credit and debit card sales. Training will be provided. These are 4 hours shifts (sitting down) working in teams of 2.
- Festival: Children's Area
Supervise children and help with fun crafts and games that expose wee ones to Irish culture, storytelling, music and more. Background checks are required for all volunteers in this area.
- Festival: Cultural Village
If you are a knowledgeable lover of Irish culture, you may be able to volunteer in our Cultural Village area.
- Festival: Gate Ticket Takers
- Able-bodied, assertive volunteers are needed to work the festival entrance gates. Another popular position, volunteers are mostly needed for late night shifts.
- Sign up to work Sunday morning before Mass, 7:30-11 a.m. and your duties will be done by the time the gates open for the festival that day. If you are interested in taking tickets before Mass, please indicate this within the comments section of your application.
- Festival: Grounds Crew
- Set Up takes place the week before Milwaukee Irish Fest begins. We need able-bodied volunteers who are willing to help set up during week day hours.
- Take Down happens all in one day, the Monday following Milwaukee Irish Fest. A large group of volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Festival: Paddy & Molly McFest
Volunteers ages 13 and up are needed during the festival and throughout the year to wear the Paddy and Molly costumes. Some height restrictions do apply.
- Festival: Sales Opportunities
- Sell CDs from our entertainment acts in one of the several Music Marts on the festival grounds.
- Sell Milwaukee Irish Fest merchandise in the Irish Fest booth located within the festival grounds marketplace.
- Festival: Tipperary Tea Room & Paddy's Cafe
Prepare and serve desserts, Irish Coffee, coffee and tea, clean tables or cashier at one of these festival favorites.
- Festival: Volunteer Check In
Meet, greet and check volunteers in to their assigned areas.
CelticMKE Center Calendar